Saturday, June 2, 2012

Changes

No matter what religion you are or if you rather not have a religion at all. Changes happen because that's life and at least to me, change is  that  force of endless forward or backward motion that moves dependant on the choices we make.. I've been looking alot at how I've been converted to the restored gospel and what Christ means to me.. Which my common answer has always been, he means the world to me. However like I've blogged countless times before, my actions often prove the opposite due to my weaknesses. So I remembered a talk given by Elder Bednar 
"The Powers of Heaven" Click here for the Talk As he testified about his father being a non-member for years.
 Elder Bednar shared his constant asking his father
 "Why won't he get baptized?"
 When everyone assumed by his  actions that his father was a member.

Then his father finally asked "Why should I join the church that testifies to be this & that but leaders still on a weekly basis have to beg the men to fullfill their calls & covenants, what makes the men of your church any different from me or other men who aren't members to have me want to join?"
Elder Bednar went on to say it wasn't fair of his father to judge the men for their weakness. But for Elder Bednar he knew his father made a great point & because of his father Elder Bednar has always tried to live up to his covenants. Noting that we, both men & women of the church should be different & seen differently by others. Whether by members or not of the church in order to set the example that we are true believers of Christ. Especially because of the standards we've agreed to live by should & do make us different. But this doesn't mean they make us better than anyone by any means..NO!

So that talk along with the following video has kept me thinking about change. Yes it's hard & goes against our will when it requires a lot of work. But like they say, anything worth having never came easy but in the end was always worth it. Eternal life is worth the effort.. However, we have to stop waiting for something tragic or miraclous to happan on the road to Damacus til we decide to change the tide..
 The possiblities are as deep as the ocean...
How deep will you allow yourself to get converted before
your tide change takes you backwards rather than forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment