Saturday, December 3, 2011

Charity Never Faileth


So I wanted to start up this blog for us girl cousins & sisterfrens that I've created relationships with through the years. For a lot of reasons this idea has been on the back of my mind.. But the 3 main reasons of why now. Has everything to do with the passing away of Auntie Ravena Mapu-Finau. The example of love she'd give to her biological sisters & non-biological sisters were and is an inspiration of Christ-like love. Identical to that of which type Heavenly Father has for us also. An unconditional type of  love. Which is to no wonder why he would call her back home so soon.

 Secondly I wanted to create this space for the people I love as my sisters. To build a safe haven of gathering ideas of how to improve an individuals mind,heart & spirit. We all know that when we struggle personally. It's easy to begin in letting ourselves go. From packing on a few pounds to being negative in our thoughts and worse of all being so anti-social that we begin to believe no one needs us.  So this blog would serve as an assistance for regaining or creating the beauty we all possess. Starting within us all that it can just shine off of us to light other people up. 
From how to build things like sister tini mapu.  Did you know she makes house hold nick knacks & candy jars out of pickle jars?  I didn't know that but how inventive. right? Well she does. So this blog serves that purpose of discovering each others hidden talents. From stuff like schooling each other on school, fashion, culuture etc. In order to read up on what we are involved in & doing while we lead our individual lives.. And sure, this idea might already serve it's purpose through facebook,twitter and whatever. But for me I thought about it and wanted to do it anyway. And tada dada it's at its infance and may not seem like an effective idea to push through. But either way, the opportunity to just share is all I'm really after at this point.
Lastly this reason alone is  possibly the biggest factor of why I'm pushing for this blog.
You all already know how blessed,
 I've been to have the opportunity to grow up with my only biological baby sister Teuila Afo-Vainuku.

 Increasing that  blessing to inherit extended sisters in our family & other associations of mine in my life. Shedding light on how I was raised. Growing up in a family where we would address every cousin as "Oh that's my sister or this is my brother so and so".  From the moment we moved here from California that's how we were all taught & til this day is how we address each other. And because I love to tease. I'd secretly love confusing people when they'd say huh? That's your sister? I thought you only had one or hmmm that's your bro I thought he had kids?lol.. Ahhh where does it end & who's parent is who..lol I enjoy it because that's how the generation before us grew up. That we are all one family brothers and sisters. 
So that's what inspired me to doing this as a soft reminder that we are always needed in unity.
 And I've recognized prior to Auntie Vena's passing away.
As a family we are losing the value & meaning of that title we label each other. And it's been used so often amoung us, that it's just automaticly losing real intent when we address one another. Because for me we're not treating each other in that matter all of the time.
  And in no way am I trying to air out any family business, by expressing these feelings. But this is for sure what I'm trying to communicate to each of you..
If I added you then you mean something or everything to me. Not just because auntie vena's passed away. But because I feel strongly this will be the place to give strength. As well as to draw strength from when needed. In hopes we learn to value that we are all brothers and sisters. And we increase the charity that is needed to continue to love one another. And not just want loss in our families occur and than it's too late to express how we've really felt inside. Whether because we get to busy, easily offended about something or find it a talent to be offensive etc etc. Bottom line is I love you all and here's the beginning towards new life lessons to be experience and shared amoung each other. In order to keep our relationships rock solid. Please add this blog to your list & comment when you can or wish too.

~Remembering

Auntie Vena Mapu-Finau

Rest in Love!~




"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."
Author: Isadora James

No comments:

Post a Comment