Monday, December 19, 2011

Choose Me! Pick Me!

How fun is this ladies! We've got our second sister interview to share. Losa Mapu my relative on my dad's side & I'm so humbled she'd agree to this assignment. I don't always have the best questions and my titles are more for attention seeking. So you all will click and read these entries.. Don't get irritz if the title doesn't match the content. But then that could be twisted into don't judge a book by it's cover. Especially if the content inside can be a priceless gift. If you'd just open it up, receive the encourgement, apply it & than teach others. Anyway here's Losa & HAVE A SUPER MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone I love you!


I'm Losa Mapu and I'm single.. and not ready to mingle:) My favorite pastime would be baking and cleaning. I know, I'm weird but I love the feeling of having a clean and ORGANIZED house. I go crazy when there's paper everywhere, shoes thrown aside, messy clothes, or things not lined up nicely! Yes, I'm a clean freak:/ It's a blessing and a curse all in one. LOL.


How do you make your choices of when to keep a job and when to let go?


I was offered a job after my internship at the Sheraton Waikiki. I was really excited and wanted to accept but after thinking about it I had to decline because the work schedule wasn't practical for me. Hours were late, the bus (my mode of transportation to town) doesn't operate that late, which was my primary reason for not accepting. I wanted to work somewhere close to home and not a far commute time. I was commuting a hour and a half to and from my internship everyday. It was physically and emotionally draining. I got really sick within the first week of my internship and couldn't work for a week and a half. Although I enjoyed my internship at the hotel it would be hard for me to work so far. Even though the Waikiki environment is so different from the Laie/LDS/country feeling I think it was good for me to explore the environment outside of what I'm used to. Not everywhere is like Laie and not everyone is LDS so a lot of things you do as a member is questioned or talked about but I think those experiences helps you to gain a stronger testimony. If you find yourself in a environment that is outside of what you believe and you begin to slip then maybe it's time to reevaluate what you really value, your job or your testimony.


 Once, you've made the choice, how do you know it's the right one?


I think once you've made your decision and everything works out and becomes that much easier then it's the right decision. For myself, the decision I made to not work in town is something I still think about today. It's not the best decision that I've made but it's already been decided and I can't change it so I have to play the cards I dealt myself. I try not to think too much of the 'what if's or 'what could have been' and just try to make the best of what I have now.


I don't think there's a right or wrong choice, just a better choice and even though I may not have chosen the best choice I can always start again and make a better choice. I can testify that fear and fear of failure will only get in the way of success and that fear only comes from your own insecurities so be confident in yourself and your abilities. Don't let doubt and fear run your life. You run your own life♥

No comments:

Post a Comment